Why Knowledge Matters
Since the birth of psychology, research has always been the source of developing good ideas (i.e., knowledge) for helping people heal, grow, and change towards a lifestyle of wellness. Our goal at PCI is to participate in the research world in a variety of ways. Below is our “agenda” for contributing to the knowledge base.
- Treatment effectiveness
- Mental Health symptom reduction
- Length of time “clean”
- Multiple science-filled presentations each year
- Constantly sharing the most up-to-date ideas
- Busting “myths” that most professionals believe
- Regular participation at local and state level via organizations like ATAC
- Regular posting on social media to advocate for science or research-based solutions.
- Regular networking with local treatment centers, sober living facilities, and clinicians to raise the bar for “level of care” standards.