Welcome to our Results page!
On this page you will find updates about and results from our “self-study.” Our goal as an institute is to use the scientific method to understand how well we are doing. We are investigating the extent to which our current combination of group and individual therapy, all focused on building healthier relationships and bolstering other domains of wellness, are helping our clients find emotional relief.
- Methods: We have taken advantage of the PROMIS measures, commonly disseminated by the American Psychiatric Association as our method for understanding and tracking client symptom presentation. We administer PROMIS symptom measures focused on: anger, depression, anxiety, somatic experiences, repetitive thoughts/behaviors, sleep, and mania. Furthermore, we also administer the PROMIS “Global Health Questionnaire” as a means of understanding our clients’ overall sense of health and wellbeing. All measures are administered the same day our clients enter our program, and every month thereafter until completion of our IOP. Also, one of our staff will call each client every few months after their discharge to see how they’re doing. We want to know if you’re still succeeding on your path to wellness!
- Data Management: Our Program Director, Dr. Miriam Hamideh, maintains a HIPAA compliant database of clients’ symptom measure scores and ensures timely administration of assessment measures. We house the database on the company’s HIPAA compliant drive and backed up automatically for safety and security reasons.will be working in SPSS to examine trends over symptom trends over time. After a sample of client scores, sufficient in size, is collected we will be publishing right here the results.
- As of November 2018: We have contracted with a company that specializes in tracking patient outcomes while in treatment. Using this process gives our staff more time to focus on treating the patient. Once per week, current patients get an email or text reminder to fill out their brief survey. Moreover, patients can fill them out anywhere, anytime. It’s simple and convenient.
- Every week we check their progress working on issues like: anxiety, depression, cravings, suicidality, and even satisfaction with treatment.
- Every week in our treatment team meeting, therapists can discuss their client’s results.
- Once every 6 months the clinical team analyzes client data, however, every year is an in-depth review of patient outcomes to adjust our treatment strategies.
Visit our Research page for more information about our program.